Friday, May 13, 2011

Last day in the States

I am currently in the Philadelphia International Airport, waiting to board the flight to London...yes it's happening!  I would have blogged about the past few days of packing but Blogger was down. Boo. Anyways, I was quite proud of my packing accomplishment. In a way its a little easier to pack for 10 weeks versus 10 days. Makes you justify needing that extra pairs of jeans or shoes. What girl doesn't like that feeling? I have two suitcases that have quite a bit of wiggle room in them. Another thing a girl loves, an okay to shop a little. As I was watching the Real Housewives and Watch What Happens Live and their re-runs following them (yes I am a Bravo addict) I was methodically packing up the different categories of clothing; leaving some things for the final day today. Oliver wanted to hop into my bag from time to time, wouldn't have been surprised if my suitcase was meowing when I was at the check-in. I am going to miss the little buddy a lot, even the fur that I find on my sweaters. Last night, Wawa was of course my destination for dinner. Had my last Wawa turkey hoagie with baked lays (which I will now call crisps in posts). Today, Mom and I enjoyed a nice lunch together and then I finished up the final final details. Then it was off to the airport. (Wasn't I just studying for a final this time last week?)


The new terminal at Philadelphia International is very sleek. It looks much more modern than where we go for trips within the United States at this airport. Get on that Philly airport. The woman at check-in was not friendly. Since Dad is classified as "silver" because of all his traveling, he should be able to check 2 bags without the extra price. However the woman would not budge at permitting it because the suitcase was 60.5 lbs, obviously over the 50. Yet the other one was 36 lbs. Again she would not budge and cut some slack. Whatever. We proceeded to security and ironically the TSA agents were really nice. I would say I thought this just because of the mean check-in woman. But the fact that they asked us about our day, our travels, and such, I thought it was extra special.


Dad and I just enjoyed a nice dinner at Cibo near our gate. Pretty good, of course as a foodie I have critiques. For an airport restaurant though, it was a good choice! Better than airline food.


Well, we are about ready to get in line to board. Its amazing how this is all happening! It feels like yesterday that I was in the info session in Pryz 321 for this program and then the application craziness came and went. Now its here! I look forward to updating you all when I am there!


Sarah


p.s. Congratulations to all you graduating this weekend! I wish you all the best on your next steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment